We woke up at 0900hrs this morning. We did something romantic before we went out. We had Macdonald for breakfast along the way. We bought a Mac McMuffin and a shake. Both at E0.95 each. We bought it near our hotel.
We went to Sacre Coeur (Church of the Secret Heart). It is right on top of a hill. We have to walk up slope and then climb a long flight of stairs up. I saw a horse carousal at the bottom of the stairs before going up to the Church. There were also a lot of non-native street hawkers trying to sell things to tourists. Got a candle as a souvenir from the Church.
After that we made our way back down and I bought a pair of bermudas and a pair of jeans at E5.99 each. Dac bought a bottle of coke for E1.30. We went to a internet café and surfed for a while. It cost us E1.00.
We then made our way to Galleries Lafayette. The department store was sure a huge one. We were not able to finish the whole department store. Things were quite expensive too. We bought a replacement of the Chanel No. 5 parfum which I had broken back home. Also bought a Christian Dior and a Chanel Sport for Dac. I also bought a Lancome sunblock and a toner. Total cost was E188.30. Then went to Louis Vuitton and bought a bucket bag (Marais), an accessories porch (Navona) and a sling bag (Olav PM). Total cost was E1155. I saved about about E450 in total from the cheaper prices in Paris and the tax rebates. We came out from Galleries with big bags. Seemed to me like Christmas shopping. I am so happy.
Next we made our way to Hard Rock Café. We bought two tall glasses and a Paris collar pin. We made our way back to the hotel. I remembered that the male receptionist was shocked that we came back with so many shopping bags. We rested for a while and went to Eiffel Tower. We alighted at Trocadero Metro and went to Trocadero Square for good views of Eiffel Tower. We did not go up the Tower. It was so romantic and beautiful. We went back to the hotel after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment